One test is enough to see that the ROG Huracan is different from other gaming desktops. Its asymmetrically designed case has a folding magnetic side cover that improves airflow into the system and allows you to increase the performance of the CPU and graphics card when opened.
- Best gaming PC deals for January 2022
- Today’s best gaming PC deals
- Top Gaming Computer Brands
- What To Look Out For When Buying Gaming Computers
- Republic of Gamers (ROG)
- Our Pick
- Dell Alienware
- Our Pick
- Gaudy Goodness
- A Custom PC On Rails
- Dell XPS Tower Special Edition
- Best Sleeper Gaming PC
- Maingear Turbo
- Best Mini Gaming PC
- Why choose a Dell gaming PC?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best gaming PC deals for January 2022
If you’re in the gaming hardware market and you’ve been thinking about building a PC, you probably won’t find good GPU deals at the moment due to the lack of chips. But where there is a will, there is a way, and purchasing a pre-built gaming system is a great way to get the many benefits (such as easy upgrades and futureproofing) that a desktop PC gives you. In fact, it’s actually the only way to find a decent GPU at a reasonable price in this market, but to save you the hassle of searching the web, we’ve already rounded up the top five gaming pc deals this week.
Our working budget for most of them is 400,000 (although most are much cheaper) but we play a little fast and loose with this given the current market conditions. We also rejected this limit in our last pick. However, if all you need is a solid gaming PC, and you’re not married to a desktop PC, consider checking out these gaming laptop deals as well.
Today’s best gaming PC deals
- Custom GTX 750 Ti Gaming PC – $ 589
- HP Pavilion GeForce GTX 1660 Super Gaming Desktop – $ 640 (Adjust on Checkout), $ 740
- ASUS ROG Strix GL10 GTX 1660 Ti gaming PC – $ 899
- CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme RTX 2060 Gaming PC – $ 961, that’s 400,015
- iBuyPower SlateMR RX 6600XT gaming computer – 400 170, cost 400 300
If your needs are modest and you still need a dedicated graphics card (perhaps for tasks like video editing along with light games), this custom gaming desktop is a cost effective and very attractive option. This tower is equipped with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card which, being a very entry-level GPU with 2GB of VRAM, is currently one of the cheapest discrete GPUs on the market. This card works with a Core i5 processor and 8GB of RAM to provide sufficient performance for resource-intensive work and games such as Fornite and Minecraft.
You have a 240GB SSD and a 1TB hard drive for storage, which is nice space for games and other digital gadgets. The mod-friendly housing design also allows for future component upgrades.
If this last suggestion resonates with you, perhaps the skeletal system is what you’re looking for. Barebones can be much cheaper as they come with all the main hardware installed, such as the CPU, GPU, and power supply, but usually lack storage, memory, and the operating system as a compromise.
Top Gaming Computer Brands
If you want to buy a gaming PC, you can choose a well-known brand known for its performance and quality. With a few of the best pre-made brands of gaming PCs you can rest assured that all of your PC’s components will work together properly, and if something goes wrong you’ll get a long warranty period.
Branded gaming PCs come in a variety of price points, so there’s always one that fits almost any budget and quenches your thirst.
In case you were wondering: what are the best brands of gaming PCs that you can trust to get good gaming PCs? This list includes the top 10 best gaming PC brands, often subsidiaries or affiliates of well-known PC manufacturers.
Omen is a highly rated technology company that started out very small and was known as Voodoo PC before it was acquired by HP. Voodoo PC was founded in Calgary, Canada, and manufactured luxury PCs and gaming systems.
HP acquired the Voodoo brand in 2006 and continued to use that name for its gaming division until 2013. The company has since been renamed Omen, but the original logo remains.
HP is known for the production of high-quality computer products. The Omen division uses resources and technology to create some of the best gaming PCs available.
Omen now includes mice, headsets and keyboards in the company’s signature black color scheme with red accents. Its current top PC, the Omen Obelisk, has exceptional performance.
It’s the best brand to offer the best gaming PC on a budget no matter where you are in the world, and it perfectly answers the question: What are the best gaming PC brands?
Alienware started as Sakai in 1996 before changing its name to Alienware in 1997. Nelson Gonzalez, the founder of the company, started by upgrading his friends’ computers for games because ordinary computers at the time were not enough.
Soon after, the company focused solely on gaming computers and its reputation flourished. Alienware Blade, which won the Computer Game Editor Award, put the company on the map.
Dell acquired Alienware in 2006, and since then, the company has continued to manufacture high-quality gaming hardware. The company is known for pushing the boundaries of what a gaming PC can be.
Many of her designs are unique to the market, but the quality is always excellent. Alienware continues to be at the top of its gaming PC game, as demonstrated by the new Aurora R11 Gaming Desktop.
It is without a doubt one of the best brands of gaming PCs. But it ranks second after Omen due to their higher prices.
In 1994, Corsair was founded in the state of California. Cache and DRAM modules were among the first computer components produced.
The company grew from humble beginnings to the production of additional computer components, before producing its own branded PCs. Corsair has continued to grow over time, acquiring companies such as Scuf Gaming, Origin Computers and Elgato.
The Corsair ecosystem has grown to include everything from headsets and keyboards to cases and gaming PCs. All Corsair products are connectable via ICUE software, which is one of the top reasons to use them.
The software provides real-time status for all components, allowing them to be synchronized so that they work better together and have matching RGB lighting colors. The Corsair Vengeance i7200 is the company’s newest gaming PC to function like a full-time gaming machine.
What To Look Out For When Buying Gaming Computers
- It’s not always true that bigger is better: You don’t need a massive tower to get a system with high-end components. Only buy a large desktop PC if you like the look and want plenty of room for future updates. You can get any computer size from the top brands of gaming PCs listed above.
- Get an SSD if possible: this will load your computer much faster than a typical hard drive, plus there will be no moving parts. Look for a boot drive with at least 256GB of SSD storage, preferably paired with a larger storage hard drive found in many good brands of gaming PCs.
- You can’t go wrong with Intel or AMD: Both vendors offer equivalent overall performance if you’re using the current generation CPU. Due to the extra cores and threads, AMD Ryzen processors often cope with tasks such as video editing better than Intel processors when running games at lower resolutions (1080p and lower).
- Don’t spend too much on RAM: 8GB on the package is fine, but 16GB is recommended for most people. Serious game streamers and those who work with huge files to create high-quality multimedia will want more, but will have to pay a higher price for the alternatives. Some of the top brands of gaming PCs offer up to 64GB of RAM for high-end gaming.
- If you don’t have to, then don’t buy multi-card gaming hardware: invest in the most powerful single graphics card you can buy if you’re a serious gamer. Many games don’t perform better with two or more cards in Crossfire or SLI, and some do worse, requiring one expensive hardware to be turned off for the best possible experience.
Because of these issues, you should only consider a desktop with multiple cards if you need more performance than the largest high-end consumer graphics card can provide.
- Ports are essential: in addition to the connectors required to connect your monitor (s), you’ll need multiple USB ports to connect other accessories and external storage. Flash drives, card readers, and other frequently used devices use front-facing interfaces.
Top brands of gaming PCs already offer USB 3.1 Gen 2 and USB-C connectors to provide better protection for the future.
- Consider your budget: If cost is a factor, most great gaming PCs are in the $ 700 to $ 400,000 range. You can expect Intel Core i3 and Core i5 processors, Nvidia 1660 and 1660 TI GPUs, and 8GB to 16GB of RAM at this price. That is, if you don’t mind getting them.
- Consider what kind of gaming experience you want: While the top gaming PC brands on this list can provide PCs with adequate performance, if you want to play 1080p / 60fps, a system with a decent Core i5 processor and a GeForce 2060 card or AMD Radeon GPU RX 5600 will do.
The Radeon RX 5700 and GeForce 2080 graphics cards achieve the perfect, ideal setting for reliable 1440p gaming. Are you considering a 4K run? You’ll want to invest in graphics cards like the RTX 3080 or AMD RX 480.709
- Level of Expandability: The best brands of gaming PCs and their gaming components are constantly evolving, and you can upgrade these gaming PCs with new parts over time. Even for the less tech-savvy, machines like the Alienware Aurora and Dell G5 are easy to open and tinker with.
With the release of the Acer Aspire Predator desktops in 2008, the Predator brand was born. Laptops, monitors and other accessories have been added to the line. The Predator products are of the highest quality and the Helios 700 predator is the latest addition.
Corsair was founded in California in 1994. He started by producing computer components such as cache modules and DRAM modules. From humble beginnings, the company expanded to produce more computer components, and eventually branched into producing its own branded PCs. Corsair grew over the years and acquired other companies such as Scuf Gaming, Origin Computers, and Elgato.
The Corsair ecosystem is now huge, ranging from headsets and keyboards to cases and gaming PCs. One of the best reasons for using Corsair products is that you can connect them using the iCUE app. The app shows the real-time status of all components and can be synchronized so that they work better together and have matching RGB lighting colors. The Corsair One i165 is the latest compact gaming PC with the performance of a full-size gaming platform.
Republic of Gamers (ROG)
The ROG brand is the gaming arm of the computer giant Asus. Asus is a Taiwanese company founded by former Acer employees in 1989. It started out by producing motherboards for Intel’s early processors and grew rapidly thanks to its quality and reliability. Asus is currently one of the world’s largest hardware vendors and manufactures everything from PC components, servers, smartphones, laptops, and more.
Other brands such as Omen and Alienware use some third party components from third party manufacturers. The ROG brand mainly uses proprietary components and turns them into amazing gaming hardware. Even if you don’t want a finished PC, you can build a custom platform just using Asus ROG components. The ROG Huracan G21CX is the company’s latest gaming masterpiece.
Only NVIDIA RTX technology has dedicated ray tracing and AI tensor cores, allowing for breakthrough technologies with breakthrough speeds to enjoy the greatest hits you’ve never seen before.
As a recognized PC manufacturer and system integrator with over 20 years of experience, CyberPowerPC offers gaming-oriented desktops and laptops. One of the advantages of choosing a CyberPowerPC desktop computer is that instead of a ready-made chassis, some of their systems come bundled with an internal chassis that cannot be found outside of their off-the-shelf systems.
Great responsibility comes with a great CyberpowerPC.
If the 3090 is overkill for your needs, the CyberPower PC Gamer Xtreme C768LQ comes with the RTX 3080 and plenty of storage space. Benchmarks show that the RTX 3080 is a solid player when it comes to gaming in 4K, capable of reaching or exceeding 60fps. 500GB of NVMe memory should be enough for most gamers, while the 1TB hard drive provides plenty of space for multimedia.
Give your set a solid foundation with a specially designed gaming desk
The Dell Alienware gaming brand has been around for decades, offering high-quality desktops and laptops. Alienware also offers keyboards, mice, and headsets designed specifically for gamers and streamers. But for the best gaming performance, be sure to try their gaming monitors as they often include features like incredibly fast response times and refresh rates. Choosing an Alienware desktop also means you’ll get an exclusive case not offered anywhere else.
Have you seen the Alien there?
For those looking for a Dyson fan-like gaming desktop PC, look no further. Set up above, the Alienware Aurora R10 comes equipped with a Ryzen 5 5600X that provides more than enough gaming performance. A basic 256GB SSD should be enough for Windows and a few games, while 2TB of hard drive space should be ample for media.
Does this brand associate you? We’re pretty sure that’s not the case. This is because Republic of Gamers (ROG) is the gaming branch of tech giant Asus.
The Acer Predator Orion 3000 resembles an angular black drednought traveling through space in search of more victims. The black tower is illuminated from the inside with ice-blue LEDs and filled to the brim with powerful equipment. Its “player aesthetic” is heavily criticized these days, but like the exaggerated ’90s vaporwave look that’s so popular now, when flashy is done well it’s great. Predator Orion 3000 is a supervillain-Sith-Lord and stands out for its style. Plus, since it includes the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, it’s one of the easiest ways to get your hands on a powerful graphics card.
The one you just want to keep as default. They are solid and available at a very reasonable price.
A Custom PC On Rails
One of the best ways to get a great gaming PC is to build one yourself, but if you don’t feel like learning how to assemble it – and we can’t blame you, it’s hard – then NZXT offers you the next best thing. The company’s BLD gaming computers let you choose the parts you want in your gaming rig with handy wizards that will give you an idea of what your new machine will be capable of.
You can see FPS estimates for popular games like Fortnite or Minecraft, which will be updated depending on the graphics card, processor type, or other components you choose. This will help you choose the right parts, even if you are not sure what they mean. Once you’ve chosen your version, the company will assemble it for you and ship it to your home.
If you buy something using the links in our stories, we may get a commission. This helps support our journalism. Learn more. Consider subscribing to WIRED as well
Dell XPS Tower Special Edition
Best Sleeper Gaming PC
Processor: Intel Core i7-10700 | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (8 GB GDDR6 VRAM) | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 (2933 MHz) | Storage: 512 GB NVMe SSD, 1 TB HDD (7200 rpm) | Weight: 13.89 pounds | Size: 15.5 “x 6.7″ x 12.1”
If you prefer your gaming PC with a more modest design, the Dell XPS Tower Special Edition packs your powerful gaming hardware into a sleek yet simple form factor so no one will know you’re not using it for work. It is equipped with a powerful Intel Core i7-10700 processor and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti card. This means it can handle even high-end games, but Dell also lets you customize its hardware for the i9-10900K and RTX 3070.
The case is surprisingly compact, but still has four USB 3.1 ports (including one Type-C) on the front panel, six USB ports on the back, and a full-size SD card reader and optical drive. Moreover, you get a tool-less design similar to the Alienware Aurora, which makes upgrades very easy. There are 3 PCIe slots for adding graphics cards, sound cards and more to further customize the device. If you want hardware that doesn’t look like your typical gaming PC, the reserved Dell XPS Tower line is a great option.
Best Mini Gaming PC
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 (10 GB GDDR6X VRAM) | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 (3600 MHz) | Storage: 2 TB NVMe SSD | Weight: 35 pounds | Size: 12.3 “x 6.7″ x 14.4”
Want a gaming PC that will make people do it double? Maingear Turbo can do just that. This compact PC may look fairly modest considering its small stature and muted design, but a quick glance through the tempered glass side panel will reveal what makes this machine purr.
Inside you’ll find an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X processor with a 240mm liquid cooler mounted on it. Consequently, you will have tremendous performance potential with 12 cores and won’t worry about overheating. In addition, you will get 32 GB of RAM running at 3600 MHz. Coup de grâce is an internal Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 GPU. This hardware combination will allow your compact computer to meet almost any gaming requirements, including smooth gameplay in 4K resolution. This machine is also customizable so you can pick and choose what it’s loaded with.
In 2004, he debuted with his first notebook, and in 2009, he delivered the first all-in-one computer. MSI is well known for its commitment to eSports having started in the gaming industry in 2008 supporting FNATIC.
Why choose a Dell gaming PC?
More support options
Every Dell gaming PC comes with several support options. From online and telephone technical support and troubleshooting, to premium support options for 24/7 technical support, accident prevention, virus protection and PC optimization services.
All Dell gaming PCs come free with standard shipping and with no minimum purchase required.
With Dell Price Match, Dell will match the lower advertised price of a Dell gaming PC or equivalent system.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best gaming PC?
Both Dell’s G series and Alienware have award-winning PCs built with gaming in mind.
What features make the best gaming PC?
The most competitive players, playing titles that require the highest processing power, will need computers with faster processors, stronger graphics cards and a lot of RAM. Faster refresh rate monitors help eliminate screen tearing and stuttering, while faster response displays allow gamers to respond faster to on-screen information.
Add the products you want to compare and quickly determine which one is best for your needs.
* Device comes with Windows 10 and Free Windows 11 Upgrade, or may come preloaded with Windows 11. Update time may vary by device. The availability of features and applications may vary by region. Certain features require specific hardware (see Windows 11 specifications)
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
For warranty information, visit the website below and select Location: www.dell.com/servicecontracts
Celeron, Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Atom, Intel Core, Intel Inside, the Intel Inside logo, Intel vPro, Intel Evo, Intel Optane, Intel Xeon Phi, Iris, Itanium, MAX, Pentium and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries.
© 2018 NVIDIA, NVIDIA logo, GeForce, GeForce RTX, GeForce MAX-Q, GRID, SHIELD, Battery Boost, CUDA, FXAA, GameStream, G-Sync, NVLINK, ShadowPlay, SLI, TXAA, PhysX, GeForce Experience, GeForce NOW, Maxwell, Pascal, and Turing are trademarks and / or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the US and other countries.
* Returns: The 30-day refund period is counted from the invoice date. There are still exceptions to Dell’s standard returns policy and some products are non-returnable at any time. Television returns are subject to restocking fees. See dell.com/returnpolicy.
Offers are subject to change and cannot be combined with all other offers. Taxes, shipping and other charges apply. The free shipping offer is valid in the continental United States (not valid for addresses in Alaska and P.O.boxes). The offer does not apply to sellers. Dell reserves the right to cancel orders due to pricing or other errors.
* Rewards are credited to your Dell Rewards online account (available through Dell.com My Account) typically within 30 business days of the order shipped. Prizes expire after 90 days (unless prohibited by law). The “Current Prize Balance” amount may not reflect the most recent transactions. Check my Dell.com account for the most up-to-date award balance. $ 50 rewards for Dell Rewards members who open a new Dell Preferred Account (DPA) on or after July 31, 2021. $ 50 prizes are typically issued within 30 business days of the DPA opening date. Earn 3% rewards on DPA purchases. Up to 3% of the rewards if you spend $ 800 over a 12 month period on all other purchases.The total number of awards won may not exceed 350,000 in a 3-month period. Outlet purchases are not eligible for rewards. Expedited delivery is not available on some televisions, monitors.