Download Fortnite for PS4 by going to PlayStation Store on your console, pressing X, searching for Fortnite, and highlighting Game Page.
- How to Download and Play Fortnite on PS4
- What to Know
- PC Controls
- What Do You Need to Play Fortnite on PlayStation?
- Fortnite Free vs. Paid (What&’s The Difference And Is It Worth It?)
- Fortnite Free vs. Paid
- What&’s The Difference Between Fortnite Paid and Free?
- Is It Worth Paying For Fortnite?
- What is Fortnite: Save the World?
- Can You Play Fortnite Without Buying Anything?
- Is Fortnite Actually free?
- How Much is The Paid Version of Fortnite?
- Is Fortnite Free on PS4?
- Is Fortnite Free on PC?
- Is Fortnite Free on Xbox?
- Is Fortnite Free on Switch?
- Is Fortnite Free on Mobile Devices?
- Final Thoughts
How to Download and Play Fortnite on PS4
What to Know
- Go to PlayStation Store and press X on your console’s main menu, then search for, select, and download Fortnite: Battle Royale.
- With up to 100 players participating in a single Fortnite match, you’ll need to wait a while after you’ve selected game start to actually start.
- The basics of the game include building, learning weapons, and paying attention to the circle. Character customization can take real money.
This article explains how to find and install Fortnite, the immensely popular video game on your PS4.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale control page for PC, PS4, and Xbox One has all control schemes and bindings for all platforms.
- Up, Down, Left, Right – WASD
- Cursor Mode – Left Alt / Right Alt
- Jump – Space
- Fire – left mouse button
- Aim Down (ADS) – Right Mouse Button
- Reload – R
- You see
- Equipment / Trap Selector – T
- Building edition – G
- Repair / Upgrade – F
- Rotate the building – R
- Sprint – Left Shift
- Change building material – right click
- Reset building edit – right click
- Weapon slots – 1, 2, 3, 4
- Skill slots – 5, 6, 7
- Gadget slots – 8, 9
- Building spaces – F1, F2, F3, F4
- Trap nest – F5
- Toggle the shortcuts bar – Q
- Pull down – the mouse wheel down
- Slot Down – Mouse Wheel Down
- Chat – Enter
- Quick message in chat – B
- Place a note – N
- Spot target – Middle mouse button
- Selected building type – V
- Switch map – M
- Switch inventory – I
- Skip the bumper – space
- Resurrect – Left click
- Rebirth – Right click
- Crouch – Left Ctrl
- Push to Talk – Y
We recommend that you relink “Building Variant 2” and “Building Variant 3” to F and V respectively, as this will greatly speed up building. You can of course pair them with other keys, just make sure you are comfortable with them!
More guides for Fortnite: Battle Royale
- 1. Chapter 2: Season 2 Guide – Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2 Guide
- 2. Best settings – Fortnite: Best settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keyboard Shortcuts 2019 – Fortnite: Best Keyboard Shortcuts 2019
- 4. System Requirements – Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land faster – Fortnite: How to land faster
Can I play Fortnite without PS Plus? Let’s find out and see what you need to play Fortnite on PS4 or PS5.
What Do You Need to Play Fortnite on PlayStation?
You don’t need anything special to play Fortnite on PS4 or PS5. This list is all you need:
- A PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 system with sufficient space for the game.
- The controller for your system.
- A PlayStation Network account (which can be created for free).
- Active Wi-Fi or Ethernet internet connection.
If you don’t already have a PSN account, see Sony’s PlayStation account registration page. And if you’re having network issues on your console, check out our guide on how to fix PS4 Wi-Fi issues.
Fortnite for free vs paid (what’s the difference and is it worth it?) With so many people playing Fortnite, it’s easy to get caught up in the hype. But does it really have to cost you
Fortnite Free vs. Paid (What&’s The Difference And Is It Worth It?)
With so many people playing Fortnite, it’s easy to get caught up in the hype. But does it really have to cost you?
Fortnite Free vs. Paid
Battle Royale is free to play. Battle Royale pits the player against 99 other players in a fight to be the last one alive. Features a Creative Mode where players design islands, and Party Royale, a fun place to hang out. Paid Fortnite is a team game. The goal is to defend the forts from monsters (scales).
Read on to learn more about Fortnite’s free and paid games, and if Fortnite is worth paying for.
What&’s The Difference Between Fortnite Paid and Free?
Ultimately, Battle Royale is free, and Save the World (online cooperative adventure game) is not. You’ll need to purchase Save the World like any other paid game, even if you already have Fortnite installed.
The free part of Fortnite is the Battle Royale game and all its spin-off modes. With the free Fortnite game you get:
- Battle Royale (including events): Battle Royale places a player on an island where he will have to defeat other players (PvP, Player vs Player) to be the last man (or woman) standing
- Creative Mode: Players can build forts and design islands, then organize games for their friends
- Party Royale: A fun-filled island for players to hang out with friends, race boats, dance and more.
- Tournaments: A competitive version of the Battle Royale game. Players earn points for reaching the top 50, 25, 10 and 5 or for winning the match. Participants progress through the levels until they have access to professional live tournament matches. Sometimes there are real cash prizes.
- World Cup Participation: Similar to tournaments, the World Cup allows players to compete against the best Fortnite players in the world. The start of the World Cup follows a similar scatter pattern to the regular Tournaments.
- Spectating: Players can watch matches their friends are playing on their Fortnite accounts. Useful if you take turns playing duo or team and don’t want to miss out.
There are no cosmetic items such as skins (the avatar or characters you impersonate, although there is a basic male and female skin) and gliders (parachutes to help you float off a plane; although a basic glider is available) for free, but since then until there are special events where you can earn items by completing challenges. However, many of them are only intended for Battle Pass holders. The Battle Pass costs $ 7.99.
The paid version of Fortnite is Save the World, a PvE online co-op defense game (player versus engine; play against the computer). It is still related to the fort and you can join forces with your friends to literally save the world.
Save the World costs $ 39.99 for the Standard Edition and up to $ 59.99 for the Deluxe Edition.
Fortnite also offers V-Bucks, the cash currency used to buy the Battle Pass and cosmetic items. Any Battle Royale cosmetics can be used in Save the World, with the exception of certain types, such as gliders.
Is It Worth Paying For Fortnite?
For some, paying for cosmetics just isn’t worth it, but if you’ve got some spare money and you really like Fortnite, why not? Fortnite: Save the World is an excellent co-op game, and Epic Games is organizing regular events for it, but you’d better wait until it goes on sale.
What is Fortnite: Save the World?
Save the World is a cooperative tower defense (or fort defense) game. You can explore the maps to stock up on supplies and fight Husks (zombie-like creatures) to achieve your goals.
As the game progresses, the maps become more difficult and new types of objectives open up. You can collect heroes (similar to skins in Battle Royale) and there is a crafting item.
Save the World is regularly updated with new items and special events. After purchasing the game, you don’t need to spend a penny anymore.
Can You Play Fortnite Without Buying Anything?
Battle Royale is completely free and you don’t have to buy anything to play it. You’ll have exactly the same chances of competing (and potentially winning) as anyone else without spending a dime.
When it comes to Save the World, you’ll have to buy it to play it. However, after purchasing the game once, you won’t have to pay anything extra.
Is Fortnite Actually free?
Battle Royale is completely, 100% free, and includes Creative and Party Royale modes.
Save the World is $ 39.99 and V-Bucks are $ 7.99 for 1,000 V-Bucks. The Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks, or $ 7.99.
How Much is The Paid Version of Fortnite?
Save the World is $ 39.99 and the Battle Royale Battle Pass is $ 7.99.
Is Fortnite Free on PS4?
Fortnite: Battle Royale base game is free on PS4, however, a Playstation Plus subscription is required to play online multiplayer games. Since both parts of Fortnite are online multiplayer, Fortnite isn’t really free on PS4.
A subscription to Playstation Plus costs $ 9.99 per month, but you get two free games a month that you can keep as long as you have a subscription.
Is Fortnite Free on PC?
Fortnite: Battle Royale is free for PC, but you’ll need a reliable internet connection. Fortnite: Save the World is $ 39.99.
Is Fortnite Free on Xbox?
Battle Royale is free for Xbox, but you will need an Xbox Game Pass. Xbox Game Pass costs $ 9.99 or $ 14.99 per month. You get access to the Xbox Game Library, get four free games a month, and get all games distributed by Microsoft on the day they’re released.
You can also buy Xbox Game Pass for PC.
Is Fortnite Free on Switch?
Fortnite: Battle Royale is free for Nintendo Switch, but you can still purchase V-Bucks and items. The Battle Pass costs $ 7.99 or 950 V-Bucks.
To play online multiplayer games on Switch you need to add friends to your Switch account, which is free. However, if you prefer to use Fortnite & online matchmaking, you’ll need a Nintendo Switch membership.
A Nintendo Switch membership costs $ 3.99 per month, $ 7.99 for three months, and $ 19.99 for a year. You can also buy a family membership for $ 34.99 per year. Family membership includes up to eight Nintendo Switch accounts.
Fortnite: Save the World is not available on Switch.
Is Fortnite Free on Mobile Devices?
Battle Royale is free for mobiles and tablets, but Save the World is not available. You can still purchase the Battle Pass ($ 7.99) and other cosmetics for V-Bucks.
One of the differences between Free Fortnite and Paid Fortnite is whether you want cosmetics and Battle Pass or not. However, the centerpiece of paid Fortnite is the Save the World cooperative adventure game. If you want to check out Save the World, it will cost you well over $ 20, even on a sale.
If you’re not interested in playing Save the World, Fortnite is completely free. Nevertheless, depending on the device you’re playing on, you may have to pay for online multiplayer services.
Big Fortnite fans will likely find that paying the Battle Pass ($ 7.99) is worth it, but casual gamers should probably keep the cash.
Save the World is a good game, but it can get repetitive and you will need friends or online matches to progress through the tougher levels. This one is better bought on sale.