How to find and unlock all fortbytes in Fortnite Season 9 & Fortnite Season Nine introduces a new collectible: Fortbytes. These are items that players can unlock, and
- How to find and unlock all Fortbytes in Fortnite&’s season 9
- What is a Fortbyte?
- Weekly challenges are important
- Fortnite Fortbytes List
- Fortbyte Rewards
- Fortbyte 6 Solution
- Fortbyte 7 Solution
- Fortbyte 8 Solution
- Fortbyte 13 Solution
- Fortbyte 14 Solution
- Fortbyte 16 Solution
- Fortbyte 17 Solution
- Fortbyte 19 Solution
- Fortbyte 22 Solution
- Fortbyte 24 Solution
- Fortbyte 30 Solution
- Fortbyte 31 Solution
- Fortbyte 32 Solution
- Fortbyte 36 Solution
- Fortbyte 47 Solution
- Fortbyte 55 Solution
- Fortbyte 64 Solution
- Fortbyte 72 Solution
- Fortbyte 81 Solution
- Fortbyte 82 Solution
- Fortbyte 92 Solution
How to find and unlock all Fortbytes in Fortnite&’s season 9
Fortnite Season Nine introduces a new collectible: Fortbyte. These are items that players can unlock, and when you collect them, an image hidden in the Challenges tab in the game will be revealed and will unlock the item.
Only players who own the Season Nine Premium Battle Pass can view and collect Fortbytes. There are a total of 100 to collect, and players who collect 90 of them will unlock the Utopia skin, which is exclusive to Season 9, just like the Ruin skin was in Season Eight.
Fortbyte isn’t available right away, however. Only 18 were available on day one of Season Nine, and Epic Games releases more each day – at least one per day.
Each Fortbyte requires players to do something different in order to be unlocked. Check all the requirements to unlock each one.
Our Fortnite Fortbyte locations guide has everything you need to know about Fortbytes, all their challenges and locations.
What is a Fortbyte?
Fortbytes is a new collectible series of computer tokens, with a total of 100 to find and earn.
As you collect fortbytes, you’ll start decoding the mysterious painting. The ultimate goal is to bring them all together to reveal the image and possibly earn a rare beauty reward.
On the first day of Season 9, a total of 18 Fortbytes have been unlocked for Battle Pass owners. At least one new Fortbyte will be unlocked each day.
Fortbytes are earned by completing a specific task. Some require you to meet specific EXP requirements, while others require you to visit specific areas of the map in a specific skin.
Fortbyte has been added to Season 9 of Fortnite Battle Royale, and players can quickly unlock them with cosmetic items such as the Skull Trooper emoji.
Weekly challenges are important
It’s important to note that players will also need to complete Weekly Challenges to unlock certain Fortbytes as they are rewarded for completing six Challenges each week.
At the moment, Fortnite Battle Royale players are in week 9, so they have enough time to catch up and unlock a special outfit.
Epic Games also revealed that the ninth season will be extended due to the Fortnite World Cup. This tournament will take place at the end of July and the game developer will not start Season 10 before its end. This means that the next season may start in early August, right after the tournament ends.
Here’s our guide, compiling a complete Fortnite Fortbytes list detailing every Forbyte challenge in the game.
Fortnite Fortbytes List
We’re halfway through the Battle Royale 9 season, so most of Fortnite Fortbyte’s challenges have now been revealed. Just below is our complete list of all Fortbyte challenges that have been revealed at the time of writing.
- Fortbyte 1 – Awarded for earning 175,000 XP.
- Fortbyte 2: Found in a location hidden on the loading screen 6.
- Fortbyte 6 – Available from Yay! Emote at an ice cream shop in the desert.
- Fortbyte 7 location: Accessible by using the Hug emote inside a rocky umbrella.
- Fortbyte 8 location: Found within Junk Junction.
- Fortbyte 9 – Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 5.
- Fortbyte 10 – Awarded for earning 60,000 XP.
- Fortbyte 13: Found at a location hidden within the loading screen 2.
- Fortbyte 14 location: Located in a RV park.
- Fortbyte 16 location: Found in a desert house with too many chairs.
- Fortbyte 17 location: Located inside a wooden fish building.
- Fortbyte 19 – Available in the Vega outfit inside a spaceship building.
- Fortbyte 22 – Accessible by using Rox spray on a subway.
- Fortbyte 24 – Found in deadly fields.
- Fortbyte 25 – Awarded at level 40 of the Battle Pass.
- Fortbyte 26 location: Accessible with the Bunker Jonesy outfit near a snowy bunker.
- Fortbyte 30 location somewhere between the Haunted Hills and Pleasant Park.
- Fortbyte 31 location: Located at a meteor crater viewpoint.
- Fortbyte 32 – Accessible by equipping the Kyo Pet Backpack at the most northwestern point.
- Fortbyte 35 – Awarded for earning 225,000 XP.
- Fortbyte 36 – Available to a Ranger on the Frozen Isle.
- Fortbyte 39 – Awarded for completing 6 Week 2 Challenges.
- Fortbyte 41 location: Accessible by using the Tomato Emote in a Durr Burger restaurant.
- Fortbyte 42 – Awarded for completing 5 challenges in Week 3.
- Fortbyte 44 – Awarded at level 20 of the Battle Pass.
- Fortbyte 46 – Awarded at level 100 of the Battle Pass.
- Fortbyte 47 location: Located between a reboot van, pirate camp, and a crashed combat bus.
- Fortbyte 48 location: Accessible by using a Vox pickaxe to destroy a gnome near the top of a mountain.
- Fortbyte 49 location: Located in the Trog Ice Cave.
- Fortbyte 50 – Accessible at night at the top of a mountain castle ruins.
- Fortbyte 51 – Accessible by using the Clack Spacer to cross the road in front of Peely’s banana stand.
- Fortbyte 54 – Awarded for completing 6 challenges in Week 4.
- Fortbyte 55 location: Found in Haunted Hills.
- Fortbyte 57 – Awarded for completing the Top 10 in squads, pairs, or solo 25 times.
- Fortbyte 58 – Accessible by using the Sad Trombone emote at the north end of Snobby Shores.
- Fortbyte 59 – Available with Durr! Emoticons at Pizza Pit Restaurant.
- Fortbyte 61 – Accessible by using the Sunbird spray on a frozen waterfall.
- Fortbyte 64 – Available in the Rox outfit atop Stunt Mountain
- Fortbyte 65 location: Found in a basement on an inexpensive movie set.
- Fortbyte 66 – Awarded for completing the Top 10 in Teams, Pairs, or Solo 75 times.
- Fortbyte 68 location: Located in a bookstore in a snowy city.
- Fortbyte 69 location: Located inside a Stone Pig building.
- Fortbyte 70 – Reachable by parachuting through the rings above the Lazy Lagoon with Vibrant Contrails equipped.
- Fortbyte 71 – Awarded for completing 6 challenges in a week.
- Fortbyte 72 – Can be found in the Salty Springs.
- Fortbyte 73 – Awarded for completing 6 challenges in Week 6.
- Fortbyte 74 location: Located in a file cabinet in an assassin’s basement on a desert coast.
- Fortbyte 76 location: Located behind a historic diorama inside an insurance building.
- Fortbyte 77: Can be found at the Trackside Taco Store.
- Fortbyte 78 location: Located in a Sentinel tower overlooking a drained lake.
- Fortbyte 79 location: Located in an arcade.
- Fortbyte 80 – Accessible by using a bunker smashing pickaxe to break through a rock at the highest point of a volcano’s edge.
- Fortbyte 81 – Available during the day near a cactus wedge at the top of a mountain.
- Fortbyte 82 location: Accessible after solving the pressure plate puzzle northwest of The Block.
- Fortbyte 84 – Awarded at level 60 of the Battle Pass.
- Fortbyte 85 – Awarded for earning 30,000 XP.
- Fortbyte 87 – Awarded for completing the Top 10 50 times in squads, pairs, or Solo.
- Fortbyte 88 location: Can be found somewhere in Map J3 location.
- Fortbyte 89 – Accessed by flying the Scarlet Strike glider through the rings east of Snobby Shores.
- Fortbyte 90 – Awarded for completing the Top 10 in teams, pairs, or solo 100 times.
- Fortbyte 91 location: Found at a location hidden within the Loading Screen 4.
- Fortbyte 92 – Accessible by using Rock Love spray near lava.
- Fortbyte 95 location: Found in the jungle solar panel array.
- Fortbyte 96 – Awarded at Battle Pass Level 80.
- Fortbyte 99 – Awarded for earning 125,000 XP.
Fortbytes are a type of collectibles that can only be obtained by completing the challenge associated with each of them. After capturing the fortbyte, it reveals part of the painting. You must complete all 100 fortbyte challenges to reveal the full picture and receive a special reward.
Fortnite Fortbyte Challenges main screen. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Prior to the launch of Fortnite Season 9, Epic revealed that you can get unique rewards by finding and collecting all available fortbytes. At the moment, we don’t know yet what the final reward is for getting all 100 Fortbytes, as not all of them are available in Battle Royale yet.
Below, we’ve summarized all Fortbyte solutions for each Fortbyte that takes multiple steps to complete. Just use the list below to get to the Fortbyte you need help with solving.
Fortbyte 6 Solution
First, you need to equip Yay! The Favorite Emote, which you will unlock in the new Battle Pass at level 14. Then, go to the location marked below on the map. Here you will find an ice cream truck / shop just off the road. Just download Yay! Emote next to it and you’ll get Fortbyte 6.
Fortbyte 6 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 7 Solution
As with Fortbyte 6, you’ll need to equip yourself with the appropriate Emote for that Fortbyte, Hug. With it in your favorites, head to the Rocky Umbrella we’ve marked on the map below. While you’re here, just emote and Fortbyte 7 will be yours.
Location of Fortbyte 7. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 8 Solution
To find Fortbyte 8, head to Junk Junction. On the ground floor of the largest building, go to the only bed in the room. This bed has Fortbyte 8.
Fortbyte 13 Solution
For this Fortbyte 13, you don’t really need to explore the loading screen 2. Instead, just head to the point on the map we’ve marked below and Fortbyte 13 will appear for you to collect.
Fortbyte 13 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 14 Solution
To find Fortbyte 14, head to the location we highlighted below, which is an unnamed RV Park between Mega Mall and Lonely Lodge. You’re looking for a white camper van with purple tones sprayed on the windshield. Right in front of this motorhome you will find Fortbyte 14.
Fortbyte 14 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, epic games
Fortbyte 16 Solution
Finding Fortbyte 16 is simple. All you need to do for this Fortbyte is head to the small, unnamed town in the desert we highlighted below. While here, you are looking for a two-story house on the southern edge of town, painted a bright brick red. Inside this home, in the sleeping area, you’ll find Fortbyte 16.
Fortbyte 16 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, epic games
Fortbyte 17 Solution
In the case of Fortbyte 17, you are heading northeast of Lazy Lagoon. Head to the small pool we marked on the map below and Fortbyte 17 will appear.
Fortbyte 17 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 19 Solution
You will need to unlock the Vega Outfit for this Fortbyte, which is unlocked at Level 47 Battle Pass. Once that’s done, head to the point on the map we marked below where you’ll find a building that looks like it was built by players. Not far from the top floor of this metal building, you will find Fortbyte 19.
Fortbyte 19 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 22 Solution
From Fortbyte 22 you have to go to Neo Tilted. You need to enter the underpass near the southwestern edge of the area and use the Rox spray on one of the walls. Once this is done, Fortbyte 22 will be available for pickup.
Fortbyte 22 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 24 Solution
To solve Fortbyte 24’s puzzle, you need to go to Fatal Fields. You have to enter the large barn that we have marked on the map and go upstairs. Fortbyte 24 will appear on the second floor.
Fortbyte 24 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 30 Solution
Finding this Fortbyte is simple. All you need to do is go to the point we marked on the map below, putting on any cosmetics, and Fortbyte 30 can be found on a small patch of land between the mountains.
Fortbyte 30 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 31 Solution
Another simple Fortbyte challenge. The crater you are looking for is Dusty Divot, so you need to go to the ruined building that overlooks the area on the northern edge. Here you can stand in the building next to the crater on a small viewing platform. Fortbyte 31 is now available for collection.
Fortbyte 31 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 32 Solution
You’ll need to equip the Kyo Pet Back Bling Backpack, which is unlocked at Battle Pass Reward Level 28. Then head northeast of Junk Junction to a small point of land jutting out into the sea. Stand between two stone piles and you’ll unlock Fortbyte 32.
Fortbyte 32 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 36 Solution
To collect Fortbyte 36, you must wear the Ranger Outfit, which is unlocked at level 1 of the current Battle Pass. In this outfit, go to the island on the southwestern edge of the Fortnite map. Here you can collect Fortbyte 36 as soon as it arrives.
Fortbyte 36 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 47 Solution
To find Fortbyte 47, head to the jungle west of Lazy Lagoon. In the area we outlined in the map below, you’ll find Fortbyte 47 on a small patch of bare ground.
Fortbyte 47 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 55 Solution
Fortbyte 55 is located in Haunted Hills. To find this Fortbyte, simply head to the building that is directly north of the main church in Haunted Hills.
Fortbyte 55 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 64 Solution
First, for the Fortbyte 64, equip the Rox Outfit, which is available in the Season 9 Battle Pass. Then, glide straight to the top of the Stunt Mountain, as marked on the map below. Fortbyte 64 will appear on top of that mountain for you.
Fortbyte 64 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 72 Solution
To find Fortbyte 72, head to Salty Springs. In the eastern part of Salty Springs you will see a red overturned truck on its side. You’ll find the Fortbyte 72 in the truck cabin.
Fortbyte 72 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 81 Solution
As this Fortbyte says, you can only harvest it during the day. If you managed to score a match during the day, you can find Fortbyte 81 at the top of the little mountain we highlighted just below.
Fortbyte 81 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 82 Solution
For this Fortbyte, you need a full squad. Go to the pressure plates marked on the map below. Now three people have to stand on one plate each, while the fourth person grabs Fortbyte 82. Since each player has to collect Fortbyte 82, you have to take turns to be a player not standing on a pressure plate.
Fortbyte 82 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
Fortbyte 92 Solution
To get Fortbyte 92, you’ll need to go to the Lava Falls, which is just south of the Pressurized Plant. Here, spray the Rox spray (one of the earliest items in the Season 9 Battle Pass) on the wall to the right of the lava, and Fortbyte 92 will be available for pickup.
Fortbyte 92 location. | Hirun Cryer / USG, Epic
We sometimes provide links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission. See our terms and conditions.
Hirun Cryer is by far the youngest member of USgamer. He is so youthful that this is his first full-time job in the industry, unlike literally every other person featured on this site. He has written for The Guardian, Paste Magazine and Kotaku and likes to wake up when the sun rises and roams the surrounding forests with bears and wolves.