Once you’ve found the mod you want, click on it to open its page instead of clicking Download right away.
- How to Install Mods on Minecraft
- What to Know
- How to Install Minecraft Mods on Other Platforms
- Install Minecraft Forge
- Find the ‘Minecraft’ mods that you want
- Minecraft interface mods
- Optifine / Fastcraft
- Is there anything else to know about mods in Minecraft: Java Edition?
- PC gaming
- Minecraft: Java Edition
- Elden Ring has gone gold ahead of its Feb. 25 release date
- How to activate mods in Minecraft?
- How to disable mods without removing Mod Manager?
- Step 5: Add mods to Minecraft
- BONUS: update your drivers to enjoy the game to the fullest
- Option 1: Manually update the drivers
- Option 2: Automatically update the drivers
- Step 4) Installing The Mods
How to Install Mods on Minecraft
Jeremy Laukkonen is an automotive and technical writer for many important industry publications. When he isn’t researching and testing computers, game consoles, or smartphones, he’s up to date with the myriad complex systems that power battery electric vehicles .
Jessica Kormos is a writer and editor with 15 years of experience writing articles, texts and UX content for Tecca.com, Rosenfeld Media and many more.
What to Know
- On your PC or Mac, download and install Minecraft Forge, then download the mod and put it in the Minecraft folder.
- On other platforms, mods are described as add-ons that can be purchased from the in-game store.
- Only download mods for Minecraft from trusted sources, such as The Minecraft Forum, where mod makers upload their mods.
This article explains how to get Minecraft mods on PC and Mac. The instructions are for the original version of Java and the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft.
How to Install Minecraft Mods on Other Platforms
If you play Minecraft on another platform such as Xbox One, mods, skins, map packs, and other add-ons are referred to as add-ons. On these platforms, the process is even easier:
Click on the desired add-on.
The add-ons are not free. If you play Minecraft on a platform that uses add-ons instead of mods, there is no way to install free mods.
Click Unblock to buy the add-on.
If a mod won’t install, make sure it’s compatible with your Forge and Minecraft versions. There are also cases where one mod may prevent another mod from working.
Install Minecraft Forge
Before you can install the “Minecraft” mods, you need to install a free application called Minecraft Forge. Forge is a third party program that allows you to manage, install, enable and remove any mod.
You can download Minecraft Forge from the official website. Try downloading the “Recommended” version and make sure the number in the left sidebar corresponds to your “Minecraft.
After downloading and installing Forge, restart your computer and open the Minecraft launcher. You should see a new options menu – select “Forge” from that menu, and then hit “Play.”
This will start “Minecraft” with Forge enabled. If you’ve done it right, you’ll see a new menu titled “Mods” in the main menu.
Find the ‘Minecraft’ mods that you want
There are dozens of sites that offer “Minecraft” mods for free. The two most popular are minecraftmods.com and curseforge.com. If you can’t find the mods you want to find there, you can always try to google them.
You can search for newer mods, search by popularity, or use a keyword if you’re looking for something specific. Emma Witman / Insider
However, regardless of the source you use, do some research. As with all third-party downloads, you’ll want to dig a little to make sure your mod download is safe and won’t corrupt your game with errors – or do something worse, like install malware .
Also, make sure that each downloaded mod is compatible with the specific version of “Minecraft” you’re using.
Both of these sites have search functionality and comment sections which allow users to report any issues they had while downloading mods.
Curseforge also allows you to sort and choose mods that already have millions of downloads.
Finally, we cannot omit ComputerCraft. Adds fully programmable computers and various peripherals to the Minecraft world. It also adds RFTools, which allows you to monitor and maintain a complex power grid. Both are essential tools for any type of automated database.
Minecraft interface mods
When you have a lot of mods for Minecraft installed, you’ll likely notice that Minecraft’s default UI no longer restricts it. The following downloads make playing modded Minecraft a more enjoyable experience.
Optifine / Fastcraft
Do you have a strong computer? Make Minecraft look amazing with Optifine, which adds HD texture support and more control over your graphics options. Alternatively, if you’re playing potato, grab Fastcraft – it greatly improves performance on low-end machines, especially with a lot of Minecraft mods installed.
You can check out each mod to know its features before you download it. Remember that you need to keep a close eye on where your installation files are saved.
Is there anything else to know about mods in Minecraft: Java Edition?
source: Windows Center | Zachary Boddy
Now that you are an expert at installing and playing with mods in Minecraft: Java Edition, there are a few other things you must always remember. Luckily, we’re here with our Minecraft: Java Edition mod guide to bring you all the information you need to be the epitome of smooth sailing with Minecraft: Java Edition mods.
- Many mods may not allow online multiplayer. Playing with friends is a huge part of Minecraft, but mods are usually not allowed in online multiplayer for a number of reasons. This is especially true for servers where Mojang Studios wants to make sure that the game is reliable and at the same time fun and fair for all participants.
- You can have multiple mods running simultaneously. Nothing prevents you from installing and playing with multiple mods at the same time. It can even lead to fantastic (sometimes bizarre) combinations that you’ll never be able to get with just one mod. Just remember that multiple mods can degrade performance or reliability even further, so I recommend adding one mod at a time and testing.
- You can turn off individual mods. If you’re having trouble with a particular modem, or you just want to disable it, you don’t need to uninstall it completely! You can disable certain mods installed by Forge by adding “.disabled” to the end of the mod’s filename.
- If you have problems with Minecraft: Java Edition while launching mods, try disabling the mods one at a time. Some mods may have compatibility issues with other mods and won’t work well together. Disabling individual mods helps determine where the problem is coming from.
With or without mods, Minecraft still deserves your love. Check out our list of the best Minecraft gadgets, toys and gifts and choose something amazing for yourself or another Minecraft. You can also make the most of Minecraft: Java Edition and mods with one of the best PC gaming keyboards that offers best-in-class features and performance.
Minecraft: Java Edition
Everything but modest.
The original version of Minecraft for PC exists alongside the more modern and versatile Bedrock edition, but stands out for endless customization of mods. If you want to get the most out of Minecraft, mastering Java Edition and its mods is essential.
Elden Ring has gone gold ahead of its Feb. 25 release date
Elden Ring, a much-anticipated title from legendary RPG developer FromSoftware, is about a month ahead of its release. It was revealed during the Taipei Game Show 2022 that the Elden Ring officially went gold and the team is currently working on a Day One patch.
Sign in with your Microsoft account or Mojang account. If you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition after December 2020, you’ll need to sign in with your Microsoft account.
How to activate mods in Minecraft?
It’s easy to run or install mods in Minecraft, you must visit sites that offer free mods for the game. Download them and extract the files to folders Mod activates Mods in Minecraft. For more information on how to download Mods for Minecraft follow the link. This dedicated article focuses on providing information on the best possible resources for downloading mods for the game.
Download any mod of your choice, Chisel is best for starters. A very useful item, instead of finding it in the game, you can unlock it with the Chisel Mod from Curseforge. The chisel will add a variety of decorative blocks to the game, so if you’re a construction fan try this one.
- After downloading the mod files, it will be a .jar file.
- Press the Windows key + R. Enter% appdata% \. Minecraft \ in the run box and click OK.
- It will take you to install Minecraft on Windows 10.
- Create a new mods folder and move the .jar file to that folder. These will be the mods you’ll download for Minecraft.
- Launch Minecrafts and click the Mods button.
That’s it, you can now install mods in Minecraft at startup. You will need to make sure that everything you download, whether the game or the mod manager, must all be the newest. Or errors may occur. Installing various mods in Minecraft with the Forge Mod tool is extremely easy. Everything will be displayed after launch, allowing you to enable mods.
How to disable mods without removing Mod Manager?
Sometimes you’ll want to disable a mod without removing the mod manager. This is possible with the Forge Mod manager tool. The tool acts as a central location to manage all your mods. Once you’ve moved your mods to the default Mods folder in your Minecraft installation folder, you can disable it without deleting it.
Go to the installation directory and open the Mods folder. Just type .disable at the end of the mod file name. For example chisel.jar, rename this file chisel.jar.disable. To re-enable it, remove the .disable from the last one and it will be reactivated. With this simple trick, you can install as many mods as you want and disable them that aren’t required.
3) Click Agree and start free download. (It will automatically detect your operating system, if it doesn’t, you can click View all Java downloads and download the exact version of Java that is compatible with your operating system.)
Step 5: Add mods to Minecraft
After downloading the mods, place them in the Minecraft folder and launch Minecraft.
1) Press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to open the Run box.
2) Paste% appdata% .minecraft \ and click OK.
3) Copy the downloaded mod file .jar or .zip to the Minecraft subfolder. (Note: This mod is for reference only. Just download the one you need.)
4) Start Minecraft and make sure Forge is active.
5) Click Play and when you start the game, the mod will be applied to it directly.
Now with mods added to your Minecraft, you can start exploring the wonder of the game!
BONUS: update your drivers to enjoy the game to the fullest
Playing games is pretty fun. But sometimes, you may encounter some issues like black screen failure with audio loop or something like that. It definitely ruins your gaming experience!
In this case, we recommend that you update your audio and graphics drivers to enjoy the game better.
There are mainly two options for updating drivers: manual and automatic.
Option 1: Manually update the drivers
You can update the drivers by clicking on the links as needed.
For graphics drivers:
For audio drivers:
Option 2: Automatically update the drivers
This is the fastest and easiest option. Just a few mouse clicks.
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to manually update your drivers, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy. It will detect, download and install updated drivers that are compatible with your system.
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect driver problems.
3) Click the Update button next to the video driver to automatically download the correct version of this driver, then you can install it manually (you can do this in the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of any missing or outdated drivers on your system. (This requires the Pro version, and you will be prompted to update after clicking Update All.)
If you have any problems using Driver Easy, please contact our support team at [email protected]
We hope this post helps you add mods to Minecraft, and you don’t need to get frustrated about the issues that are affecting your gameplay! Also, if you have any ideas or questions, feel free to leave a comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
Most of these potential problems can be avoided by only downloading Minecraft mods from reputable sources. If a mod is well known and its creator has an official website, this is always the safest place to download.
Step 4) Installing The Mods
At this point, any difficulties with installing Minecraft Forge mods are resolved. Now all you need to do is open the “mods” folder and drag them over to your downloaded mods. Wait what? You don’t have a mod folder. No worries. Just create one like in the gif above. Right-click anywhere in the .minecraft folder and create a new folder titled “mods” in lowercase. Then open the new folder you created and drag and drop the awesome Forge mods you downloaded earlier in this tutorial!
This article is provided by GameServers. They are an amazing hosting company for Minecraft / PC games. You can host a modified Minecraft server for less than $ 10 per month! Click here to check out GameServers!
And it’s ready! Your mods are now installed. Just go to the Minecraft Launcher, select the version of Forge you have installed and start having fun and playing games! Also, if you have any issues with setting up Forge and getting your mods up and running, post them in the comments below. We’re more than happy to help you get your mods up and running!
If you prefer video tutorials, click here to view our video on how to download and install mods for Minecraft with Forge. Please also remember. If you want an amazing Minecraft server, check out GameServers. They are the best around!