Bonus tip: There are tons of add-ons, bundles, and resources available for Realms players, and if you play on PC / Mac, you can also access mini-games and amazing player-made maps that have been approved and put together just for your enjoyment!
- How to Play Minecraft With Friends: 5 Different Ways
- Minecraft Multiplayer for Public Servers
- Java Edition
- Bedrock Edition
- How to Join a Minecraft Realm
- How to Join a Realm in Java
- How to Join a Realm in Bedrock
- How to Make a Realm in Minecraft
- How to Make a Realm in Java
- How to Make a Realm in Bedrock
- Minecraft Realms Java Free Trial
- How To Get a Free Trial of Minecraft Realms
- Minecraft Realms Security
- Minecraft Realms Platform Compatibility
- Game is lagging
- Game crashes
How to Play Minecraft With Friends: 5 Different Ways
Do you want to have fun and create with your crew? Here’s how you can enjoy Minecraft multiplayer with your friends.
Playing Minecraft on your own is great fun, but playing Minecraft with your friends is a whole new world of fun. If you don’t know how to play Minecraft with your friends yet, don’t be afraid! In this article, we’ll do it quickly and easily.
You have more than a few Minecraft multiplayer options; some of them require an internet connection, while you can play other methods offline and from the same room.
Regardless of how you want to create, we’re going to take a look at how to play Minecraft with your friends!
Note: We have included instructions for Minecraft Java Edition (JE) and Minecraft Bedrock Edition (BE).
Minecraft Multiplayer for Public Servers
Most Java players use public servers to connect with others. The servers are free to join and can be found on any of the many server listing sites, such as MinecraftServers.org (just search for “Minecraft Servers” in your web browser for more listing sites).
We’ve already covered a detailed guide on How to Join a Minecraft Server, but here’s a quick summary:
- Copy the IP address of the server you want to join. It will look something like this: “makeuseof.example.com”
- Go to the multiplayer screen in your Minecraft client. Click Add Server or Direct Connection.
- Paste the IP address into the box labeled Server Address.
- If you selected Add server in step 3, give the server a name and click Done, then double-click the server from the list or select it and select Join Server. If you selected Direct Connection, click Join Server.
Enjoy playing Minecraft with your friends!
While your reach is narrower than Java Edition players, there are definitely public servers you can join to play Minecraft with your friends in Bedrock Edition.
- Launch Minecraft BE. Click Play and go to the Servers tab.
- You can choose from the list of recommended servers that have a large number of players and offer game modes such as Skywars, Build Battle, and more.
- You can also add another server by clicking Add Server.
- Enter the server name, IP address and port. Click Save to keep this server in bookmarks.
Everything is ready! Enjoy Minecraft multiplayer in Bedrock Edition.
You can create your own kingdom or join an existing one. If you regularly play with an established group of friends, Kingdom is a great way for everyone to play whenever they want without you (or whoever the host) having to use the internet.
How to Join a Minecraft Realm
Joining Minecraft Realm is slightly different depending on the version of Minecraft you are playing.
How to Join a Realm in Java
You can join the Realm directly through the Minecraft interface.
- If no fields are available, look for an envelope icon at the top of the screen. If you have an invitation pending, it will be flashing.
- Select the envelope icon to open the invitation menu. You can see each Kingdom invitation you have received here.
How to Join a Realm in Bedrock
As with the Java edition, you can join the kingdom via the Minecraft interface.
- Select a sphere from the list.
- If you haven’t joined any Realms yet, select the Friends tab.
- Enter the kingdom invite code you received in the field, and select Join.
If you are playing Bedrock but don’t have a kingdom to join, you can also join a much larger server and play with lots of other people. Some servers can have up to 10,000 players.
- You will connect to the server and you can play whenever you want.
How to Make a Realm in Minecraft
Creating a kingdom is a bit different depending on the version of Minecraft you’re playing.
How to Make a Realm in Java
You have to pay for the Realm in Minecraft. It’s a monthly subscription fee of $ 7.99 per month, or you can opt for a six-month subscription. Java also offers a three-month subscription option.
- You will be taken to the confirmation page. Select the plan you want and select Check Out.
This will create your Kingdom that you can join from the Minecraft launcher. The great thing about Realms is that you can cancel at any time; you are not related to the subscription. If you leave your subscription inactive for more than 18 months, all your Kingdom data will be deleted.
How to Make a Realm in Bedrock
You can create a Realm directly from a Bedrock game without having to go to a separate page. The price is $ 7.99 per month, similar to the Java edition.
- Select Create on Realms> Add a 10-player kingdom.
- Another window will appear asking if you want to complete the accounting with the information stored on the device. Assuming your billing information is up-to-date, select Yes.
This will create a sphere which you can then configure and configure according to your preferences.
With that in mind, you might be interested in sprucing up some mods. Forge is the best way to manage mods and make sure the game doesn’t crash on launch.
Minecraft Realms Java Free Trial
Minecraft Realms: Java Edition works similar to the Realms Plus free trial. If there is a free trial available, it will appear in the Realms menu in the game. As noted on this Minecraft Help Center page, the availability of Realms trial versions is subject to change. Even though they intend to make this feature widely available, there is no promise that any user will be able to try Realms for free.
Despite other similarities to the Realms Plus free trials, users who sign up for Minecraft Realms: Java Edition can only play against each other.
How To Get a Free Trial of Minecraft Realms
You can activate a free trial of Minecraft Realms Plus directly from the game :
- Launch the game on your device
- Click Play on the home screen
- Select Try Realms Plus free for 30 days on a new screen
- Hit Start 1 Month Free Trial
- Fill in the Domain name field
- Check I agree after reading the Regulations
- Click below. Start your 1-month free trial
- Enter your personal details and enter your credit card details in the pop-up window
When you cancel your Minecraft Realms subscription, you will no longer have access to packages or cloud storage. Your World Templates will be available for purchase and download for 18 months after your subscription ends.
Minecraft Realms Security
If you are afraid of running a server because you think uninvited guests can destroy your world, don’t worry. When you use Minecraft Realm on your server, only players you have invited can join. As a host, you can easily add and remove people from your secure list.
Worlds are backed up automatically to keep the server safe.
You can invite up to 200 players to access your server, although only 10 players can play at a time.
Minecraft Realms Platform Compatibility
Mojang offers two versions of Minecraft Realms:
- Minecraft Realms version for mobile devices, consoles and Windows 10 platforms
- Minecraft: Java Edition for PC, Mac and Linux platforms
Both versions are incompatible, so players running Minecraft: Java Edition on a Mac or pre-Windows 10 PC cannot play against players on a mobile device or console.
Overall, Minecraft Realms is the cost effective and official answer to creating and managing a server for Minecraft if you want a simple gaming experience. Own server hosting provides a user-friendly alternative to third party server hosts.
However, Minecraft Realms isn’t for everyone. If you are into modding, you should stick to a host that allows these customizations.
Jason Fitzpatrick is the editor-in-chief of LifeSavvy, How-To Geek’s sister site to Tricks, Tips, and Tricks. He has over ten years of publishing experience and has written thousands of articles on Review Geek, How-To Geek, and Lifehacker. Jason served as Lifehacker’s Weekend Editor before joining How-To Geek. Read more.
Kingdom is an exciting subscription-based service and offers a 30-day trial period where you can choose the free Minecraft Realms game for PC / Mac or Windows 10 / Pocket Edition to get a feel for the game before purchasing a paid subscription.
If you need further tips on how to play Minecraft with friends (for beginners) with full instructions and hacks to start playing online with the option to join the free SeekaHost Minecraft servers. With step-by-step instructions on how to get your friends to join your server and tips on how to build your own community!
If you want to add players on Windows 10 / Pocket Edition, your friend will also need an Xbox Live account. It’s fairly easy to set up, and it’s free on Xbox.com. And if you’ve already added them as friends, you can easily add a player from your friends list by pressing the + button next to their name.
Game is lagging
Expert Tip: Some computer problems are hard to fix, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you’re having trouble fixing the error, your system may be partially corrupted. We recommend that you install Restoro, a utility that will scan your machine and identify the cause of the fault.
Click here to download and start repairing.
There are certain parts of the Minecraft universe that are plagued by lagging behavior and bugs quite often. In terms of requirements, it is not a demanding game and can be run on quite outdated machines by modern standards.
Moreover, Minecraft Realms is not exactly known for its lag as it comes with dedicated servers. Chances are high that the problem is yours and is usually related to high latency and low bandwidth.
Game Fire is a game booster that will optimize system resources for game mode and get rid of freezes, lags, low FPS and other problems while playing. Download it now (free) for a better game experience.
Therefore, make sure you have checked your network settings, restart your router and / or modem, and contact your ISP if any additional problems occur. You can check your speed and latency levels locally (using the command line) or using Speedtest.
If you are having trouble with a bad connection in Minecraft Realms, you should be able to fix the problem with one of the tips above.
Update your graphics drivers
Manually updating your drivers can be a hassle, but you can speed up the process by using specialized software such as DriverFix. This software will scan your computer and display a list of drivers that you can update.
The software is automated and you will have access to a database of over 18 million driver files. Using the application is simple and with one click you can update all out-of-date drivers.
DriverFix is a great tool, and if you don’t want to manually search and install drivers, use DriverFix to keep all your drivers up-to-date.