Get the final patch for Epic Games’ hugely popular Battle Royale title. Here’s what’s new in patch v2.3.0.
Latest Fortnite Battle Royale patch adds auto-run and the Chug Jug
The latest major patch for Fortnite Battle Royale has delivered some major map updates, and while the latest isn’t that big, it does include some important new features for PC, Xbox, and PS4 gamers.
The highlight is the new auto-run feature, with a double-click on the left stick to activate it on the console. There’s also “Chug Jug”, a new healing item that grants maximum health and maximum shields as long as you can be safe for the 15 seconds it takes to consume it.
With limited inventory space in Fortnite Battle Royale, which healing items to wear already need some thought, but the Chug Jug should probably top the list if you come across one. The map has improved a bit in terms of loot generation as well, and the new Haunted Heights location has more.
Additionally, it seems NA players will have more control over their local server selection:
Once the update is released, NA players will be able to choose between servers on the East / West Coast! #Fortnite pic.twitter.com/nx1qPVvixO
– Fortnite News 🌌 (@FortniteBR) January 25, 2018
Also in the console-specific patch v 2.3.0 there is an option to disable the aim assist. You know if you’re a serious Fortnite pro.
There are also many fixes, so be sure to check out the full Battle Royale changelog below to find out more and about what’s new in Save the World on the Epic Games forum.
- Automatic start added!
- The default input values for the computer are “=” and “NumLock”
- The default input setting for the controller is to double-click the left stick.
- Added a setting to disable Aim Assist on consoles.
- Changed assignment of weapons on AZERTY keyboards to the number keys in the top row.
- Wooden power poles no longer block construction.
- Spike Traps found in Supply Drops will now stack with other Spike Traps found elsewhere.
- Spike Trap’s effective range will now more closely match the spike animation distance. The damage area was too large before.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Slurp Shield Potion and Slurp Juice from playing while the player is already protected.
- Fixed a bug that caused Cozy Campfires to appear active after they expired.
- Fixed an issue that caused eliminated players to persist for too long in collisions.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to hide in Supply Drops if the Supply Drops landed on a crouched player.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to walk through walls while editing them
- Optimized the speed at which players can cyclically move building pieces in poor network conditions.
- Fixed an issue that caused dropped items to fall off the edge of the map and spawn near a live player.
- Kicking a soccer ball through the soccer net no longer counts as a goal. Soccer balls still count.
- Grenade bows accuracy has been improved.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to switch between two scoped weapons without leaving the scoped view.
- A player’s weapons will no longer disappear for a short time after the effects of the Boogie Bomb have expired.
- The delay between throwing a grenade and switching to another weapon has been reduced.
- Shadowplay Highlights now records Player Knockdowns (DBNO).
- Leaving a match early will no longer grant stat or challenge progress. Progress will only be awarded if the player quits after being eliminated or won.
- Players can no longer purchase a level x10 combat pass at level 65 or higher.
- We fixed this on January 19 and the affected players were compensated.
- Fixed a bug that allowed items in the cabinet to rotate on the wrong axis when rotated.
- Fixed a bug that caused the client to freeze after pressing ALT-TAB on PC.
- While spectating, players will now return to spotting view when the spectating player toggles between spotting weapons, instead of being moved to third person view.
- Brick building effects fixed.
- Players can now mute party members from the lobby screen.
- Players banned from voice chat can no longer use it in the lobby screen.
- Added an option to automatically decline friend requests as a new option for PC players to the Social Widget.
- When enabled, friend requests will be automatically denied. Enabling this option will reject all pending friend requests.
- Friend and Crew invite notifications will now display correctly for Battle Royale players who have never played Save the World.
- You no longer open the map in fullscreen when spectating a player with the Reports menu raised,
- This issue only occurred when the player was using the “Combat Pro.
- The circular emotes menu will no longer be visible after the warm-up phase if left open.
- Characters no longer reset when opening the news widget.
- The ping value displayed in the Net Debug Stats interface is now more accurate. It will be higher than before for all players.
- Bus music volume and the sound played when jumping off the bus have been reduced.
- Decreased the volume of wind sounds played during parachuting and gliding.
- The volume of gunshots, footsteps, and impacts during the warm-up phase have been reduced.
- Removed the ‘Krania’ audio from the Death Valley pickaxe.
- Removed several layers from the new pickaxe sounds that could have been confused with bullet whistles
- Music from dance emotes will no longer overlap.
- Loot chest audio is no longer muffled by pickaxe impact sounds.
- Fixed missing collision in the Crane Junkyard.
- Fixed two areas where players could hide beneath riverside terrain.
- Fixed a piece of wet swamp water not slowing players down.
- Fixed the mine cart in Shifty Shaft not being destructible.
- Fixed an issue where the soccer stadium would sometimes not load properly.
- Fixed a seam in the terrain near the Flush Factory that allowed players to see through the map.
- Added a collision to the pillars in the Haunted Hills so that players can no longer hide in them.
- Scoring a goal in a soccer stadium will now display the correct visuals.
You can now sketch directly in Outlook on Surface Duo, Surface Duo 2
People using Surface Duo or Surface Duo 2 can now write and draw directly to a new email in Outlook for Android. The new feature, which was unveiled in early October, is now available in the latest app update. Here’s what you need to know.
This retro vid is how Microsoft explained ‘Xbox Live’ to press back in 2002
This ancient Microsoft press kit from 2002 explains peculiar concepts such as voice messages, gamertag and multiplayer matches as cutting-edge innovations from a long past.
This might be the best entry-level Xbox headset Black Friday deal so far
The superb SteelSeries Arctis 3 enjoys a massive 51% discount on Black Friday, and could be one of the best headset deals we’ve seen so far all season.
These pre-built PCs are all great for playing Fortnite on Windows
Fortnite is not a demanding game, but having a more powerful computer gives you an advantage, especially when it comes to competitive gameplay. These pre-built PCs are great options for playing a popular game.
A new patch update has been released in Fortnite, and with it a new and interesting health option called Chug Splash. Additionally, the Boom Boom Bow has been removed from the game.
How to use Chug Splash in Fortnite
- Upon impact, this thrown object splashes liquid in a small area. All players within the blast radius receive 20 health / shield immediately.
- Grants health unless you are at full health, in which case it grants a Shield.
- Chug Splash can heal allies, enemies, and can extend the duration of the “slip up” state for downed players.
- Rare variant.
- Drops in stacks of 2.
- Maximum stack size: 6.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Llamas.
Chug Jug With You is a parody of Estelle’s 2008 song “American Boy”, with the theme of 2018 Fortnite. A remix inspired by a parody of YouTuber Leviathan went viral as the original sound on TikTok in early 2021.
Leviathan Parody / Remix
on November 10, 2018, Leviathan uploaded to SoundCloud a parody of “American Boy” by Estelle and Kanye West, inspired by the CM SKITS music video, titled “Chug Jug With You”. Within 2 years, the song gained over 350,000 plays and 1,400 likes. On December 18, Leviathan uploaded the song to YouTube (shown below), gaining over 1.8 million views in comparable time.
The song contains the same lyrics as the earlier CM Skits parody, but adds extra lyrics to create a complete song.
We have the number one Victory Royal
Yes Fortnite, we’ll be right down (let’s down!)
Ten kills on the board right now
I just erased Tomato Town
My friend just got shot down
I revived him, now we’re sailing south
Now we’re on the streets of Pleasant Park
Look at the map, go to the selected sheet
Take me to your Xbox to play Fortnite today
You can take me to Moisty Mire, but not Loot Lake
I really love Chug Jug with you
We can be professional Fortnite players!
Listeners find the song comedic due to the Fortnite-style lyrics, catchy rhythm and the fact that the song is clearly sung by a young boy. Many commentators note that the song is surprisingly good and praise it both ironically and not (examples shown below). Shortly after uploading, 10 seconds of the video (from 00:08 to 00:18) was reported by UMG, leaving a small gap in the uploaded on YouTube.
on January 24, 2021 @roughanfeatherstone uploaded an animated video to TikTok  featuring the song of a man walking through a large crowd who gets distracted as he approaches, saying “literally nobody: Fortnite kids irl:”, collecting over 500,000 views for 2 weeks (shown below). The original sound for the music video, titled “Chug jug with you”, quickly gained popularity, joining over 40,000 movies in just over 2 weeks.
on February 1, Vasqueezy posted a song lyrics video with various images of Morgana from the Shin Megami Tensei video game series on YouTube,  gaining over 7,000 views during the week (shown below left). In the description they write, “they did it one night after hearing this song and having a vision similar to a prophet’s.”
The hour-long version of the video was uploaded to YouTube  that day by doidinho da silva br, gaining more than 72,000 views at the same time (shown below right).
On the same day, @ m1rv3lchampion uploaded the screen shot to TikTok, showing a comment string of all the words for “Chug Jug With You” as per the song, getting over 2.8 million views in 9 days (shown below left).
on February 6, @willywonkatiktok posted a Fortnite parody with audio, gaining over 5.8 million views in 4 days (shown below, right). As of February 10, 2021, these are the two most watched movies with sound.
If your kids love Fortnite, they will love creating this fun and dirty Fortnite Chug Jug Slime. I really want to cuddle with you…
LOVE THIS SLIME? CHECK OUT OTHER GREAT SLIMES AND MOLDABLES IN OUR NEW BOOK!
Our book of 101 activities for kids that are Ooey, Gooey-est Ever! comes with tons of fun slime, cake, and formable like this one to provide hours of ooey, sticky fun! Amazing, isn’t it? You can also check out more slime recipes here.
You got it! Super fun Fortnite pitcher slime! I really want to cuddle with you… What’s your child’s favorite travesty? Leave a comment!
Brittanie Pyper loves her hot husband, two cute boys, a new baby girl and crafts like a beast. Her recipes and crafts can be found all over the internet because she is amazing. Check out her personal page, Simplesically Living.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Welcome to Kids Activities! My name is Holly Homer and I am a mother of three boys in Dallas…