In Windows, click the Custom Files box in the lower-right corner of File Explorer and change it to All Files. If you’re using a Mac, click the Options button in the lower-left corner of the Finder and change the Format field from Custom Files to All Files .
- How Are Fake Live Video Calls Made? Here’s How to Spot Them
- What Is a Fake Video Call?
- Make Instagram Video calls through BlueStacks
- How to do Instagram Chat on chrome on PC?
- How to Video Call on Instagram Pc
- How to Make a Voice Call on Instagram
- How to video chat with Instagram
- How to video chat with Instagram
- How to Post to Instagram on a Desktop
- Use the Instagram for Windows Desktop App
- Browsing Your Feed During an Instagram Video Call
- Share Posts Directly During an Instagram Video Call
- Alternative Ways to Post to Instagram Using Your PC
- Post to Instagram From Your Laptop Using Any Browser
- Subscribe to our newsletter
How Are Fake Live Video Calls Made? Here’s How to Spot Them
Worried that people are making fake video calls? Do you want to make a joke on your friend? Here’s how to make or detect a fake video call.
Video calling is ubiquitous. You can video chat with friends, family and colleagues while sharing your face and surroundings. Being in the same place all the time is boring, right? How about showing up with your regular face? Everyone knows what it looks like.
What if you could make a fake video call that changed your face, background, or other important features – would you call your family?
Here’s how fake video calls work and how to spot them.
What Is a Fake Video Call?
A fake video call can mean several things.
For example, you can create a fake video background to trick people into believing that you are on vacation. You can record a video where you are looking at the monitor and then play it back in a meeting where you don’t need to talk.
It’s possible to mirror your webcam data in a YouTube video that doesn’t show you at all, but can show a funny cat video.
Fake video call can also use deepfake technology, which uses AI-assisted video to switch faces and voices on the display. More information on deepfake technology can be found later in this article.
Deepfake technology is still evolving and it is getting harder and harder to tell the difference between real video and AI video. For example, take a look at an example that revealed deepfake technology, mimicking Barack Obama:
Make Instagram Video calls through BlueStacks
Here are the steps on how to video chat on Instagram with BlueStacks:
- First, go to the official BlueStacks website to download the tool to your computer.
- Click the green BlueStacks download button. Click the ‘Save.
- After that, you need to click on the BlueStacks installer to run it. Click “Install Now”. Then open Bluestacks.
- After BlueStacks opens successfully, click on its search bar located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then type “Instagram” and hit “Enter”. Then click on Instagram.
- Then click the “Install” button on Instagram. Then click the green open button.
- Then log in with your Instagram username and password.
- Open DM and search for the person you want to chat with in video chat.
Here are the simple steps to video calling on your computer.
How to do Instagram Chat on chrome on PC?
If you want to chat on Instagram on your computer, you can do it in Chrome, and there’s nothing else you can do with the existing tools in Chrome. You can set the device to display Instagram and video chat directly from your laptop.
To chat on Instagram from a computer,
- First of all, open Instagram.com in Chrome.
- Now go to the three-dot icon in the top right corner and click there.
- You will see “More Tools” >> “Development Tools”, click it.
Now, by using this feature, you can use the Instagram DM option on your computer and chat with the selected person.
If you want to use a different browser for Instagram chatting, you need to manually install the developed extensions, then you can follow the same steps above.
Regarding logistics, there is no call duration limit and you can video chat with anyone you have approved to receive a direct message.
How to Video Call on Instagram Pc
I regret to inform you that the online version of Instagram does not have a built-in feature for making video calls from your computer, but you can directly message your friends from the online version of Instagram.
However, if you download the PC version of the application using Bluestack or AndroidEmulator, you will be able to make a video call with your friend.
So, download BlueStacks on your computer to make a video call with your friends from your computer. After downloading BlueStacks to your computer, you can follow the steps mentioned above under “How to make an Instagram video call.”
How to Make a Voice Call on Instagram
Many people are confused when it comes to making Instagram voice calls as Instagram does not mention any specific feature or icon to make a voice call. However, I assure you that both a voice call and a video call can be made using the same “Video camera icon.”
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- If prompted, log in to your account.
- After logging into your account, you will see the home page by default.
- Now click on the Airplane icon on the top navigation bar. (To access direct messages with your friends.)
- Then scroll down under the Messages section and find the name of the user you want to make a voice call with.
- You can also click the Search text box and enter a username to search for the user you want to make a voice call to. (A quick way to find specific people and start a direct message with new friends.)
- After opening a chat with them. Click the video camera icon in the chat.
- Now when you click on the video camera icon, it will start calling your friend. Hurry up and click on the video camera to turn it off.
- When turned off, the camera will change to voice calls with the same interface. (You can click the video camera icon again to switch the voice call to a video call.)
While the VirtualCam plug-in used to require manual download and installation, as of OBS 26.0.0 (launched August 2020), the virtual webcam feature is now built directly into OBS. You can still install the plugin if you want, but that’s not the most efficient way of doing things anymore.
How to video chat with Instagram
(Pocket-lint) – Instagram offers video chat as one of its features through its direct messaging tool, Instagram Direct.
With video chat, you can call one person or group in real time. Works with friends who are already on Instagram on iOS or Android and doesn’t require a phone number. Here’s how it works.
How to video chat with Instagram
- Tap the message arrow icon in the upper-right corner of the Feed.
- Tap the username or group name to open a conversation.
- You can also start a new conversation by tapping the pencil icon in the upper right corner and selecting people.
- Tap the video icon in the upper right corner. The person or group you are calling will receive a notification.
To start a video chat, swipe to your direct inbox and open any message thread. A camera icon will appear in the right corner – tap on it. This will call your friend. If a video chat is active in a group thread, the camera icon will turn blue. In video chat, you can minimize the video to browse Instagram, send direct messages, post a story, and more.
You can also chat in video chat as long as you like. When you’re done, tap on the red phone icon at the bottom. Remember that anyone from whom you have accepted a chat message can chat with you in video chat. To prevent someone from making video calls, you can block that person or mute the call.
It is also possible to create a room where you can video chat with other users on Facebook platforms, including Facebook Messenger. To create a new video chat room, tap the video icon in the upper-right corner of your Direct Inbox and select the people you want to create a room with.
To make Instagram video calls, your best option is to install BlueStacks on your computer, then install the Instagram app and make video calls from there. For chat, you can use chrome developer function from tools and use Instagram DM on computer and chat with friends.
How to Post to Instagram on a Desktop
You can access Instagram on a PC or Mac using a web browser to view your feed, like and comment on posts, view your profile, and follow or unfollow people. Instagram has also recently added the ability to send and receive direct messages. You can also post photos or videos.
Click the Create New Post (+) button in the top right corner of the page.
Drag an image or video to the Create New Post window that appears. Alternatively, click Select From Computer, browse to the file you want to publish, and select Open. The photo or video will appear in the window.
Click the magnifying glass in the lower left corner of the window to enlarge the image if you want to crop it. Then drag it to the desired position in the window.
Select the double arrow icon to select a specific aspect ratio of the post.
If you want to add more photos, click the Multiple Photos button in the lower right corner, click the plus sign (+) that appears, and add up to nine more photos or videos.
Click next to continue.
If necessary, on the Filters tab, select the filter to apply. On the Adjustments tab, adjust aspects such as brightness, contrast, and saturation. Click next to continue.
Add a signature, tag someone, and add hashtags if you like. Click Share when you’re ready to share the post.
Use the Instagram for Windows Desktop App
The Instagram desktop application for Windows works just like the web version. You can post photos or videos, view posts, like and comment, and follow and unfollow users. However, Instagram for Windows does not work with older PCs or Macs.
Instagram for Windows requires Windows 10 version 10586.0 or later and 2 GB RAM. Additionally, you need a Microsoft account to download Instagram for Windows.
As of the end of 2021, Instagram now allows you to upload photos to your account using its desktop website. While it took some time to roll out, it should be available to all users at the time of writing.
Browsing Your Feed During an Instagram Video Call
Instagram understands how its users behave on the platform. That’s why the social network has provided you with the ability to multitask by calling your friends.
During a conversation, you can click to minimize the screen in the upper left corner. This allows you to scroll through your feed while displaying a smaller video chat popup.
Don’t worry, no one can see your screen or what you are looking at. Your friends will still be able to see your face!
Share Posts Directly During an Instagram Video Call
If you want to take multitasking to the next level, you can also check posts with your friends during a video call.
Instagram introduced co-viewing this year, a feature that allows you to share posts directly in group video chats.
You can find it by clicking on Posts at the bottom of the screen to find the post you want to share.
If you want to post photos and videos to Instagram from your computer and you have a Mac or older computer that can’t run the Instagram app for Windows, there are a few workarounds.
Alternative Ways to Post to Instagram Using Your PC
Instagram offers an official Windows app in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 and Windows 11. It’s basically a mobile app port and provides the same feature set as the desktop site. This includes posting to Instagram from your computer, so give it a try if you prefer to use the dedicated Instagram posting app.
If you’re interested in more, we looked at other ways to post to Instagram from your computer. Keep in mind that none of the other options are more convenient than this, which is why we recommend the official method or a mobile Chrome workaround in most cases.
Download: Instagram for Windows (Free)
Post to Instagram From Your Laptop Using Any Browser
Luckily, you no longer need to rely on this workaround to post to Instagram using your computer. The Instagram desktop website now makes it easy to post photos no matter what browser and operating system you use. But if the official method stops working and you need a workaround, it’s easy to post to Instagram with this Chrome trick.
Either way, publishing from your computer instead of your phone is great if you prefer to edit photos on your computer. This saves you the step of transferring photos to your phone and then uploading them via the Instagram mobile app.
Now make sure what you post on Instagram is of interest.
If you only have a handful of Instagram followers and aren’t getting the likes or comments you want, these tips are sure to help.
Ben is the editor-in-chief of MakeUseOf. He quit his job in IT to write full-time in 2016 and has never looked back. Has been involved in tech tutorials, video game recommendations, and more for over seven years.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our newsletter for tech tips, reviews, free eBooks and exclusive offers!