As any avid fan will tell you, fully engaging in simulation has its downsides. You have to face this game, if not completely then at least a quarter of a way. It’s available enough while you’re in the game and provides a range of helpful tutorials, but there are initial hurdles and bumps to overcome.
What is the latest version of microsoft flight simulator
january 20, 2022 | Published by Microsoft Flight Simulator Team
Our developer questions and answers are just around the corner (Jan 26 10:30 PT or 1830Z on twitch.tv/msfsofficial). We will be closing EOD question forums on Friday, so if you haven’t already, vote for your favorite questions or post your own if you don’t see them being asked.
January 13th, 2022 Development Update
january 13, 2022 | Published by Microsoft Flight Simulator Team
Have a question for the development team? There are two important questions and answers coming soon, and now it’s time to submit your questions. See the dates for our upcoming questions and answers.
Happy New Year is cooking! It’s great to come back. We hope you enjoyed your vacation. For early 2022, this morning we released build 188.8.131.52, now available for PC and Xbox. If you participated in the public beta, click here to learn how to exit the preview smoothly.
What Do You Get with Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition?
Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition includes all existing updates and game content, but that’s not all. You also get five new planes – including the first modern fighter in the latest version of the flight simulator series.
Here are the new planes included in this edition as announced today:
- Boeing F / A-18 Super Hornet: Our first military jet and a community requested feature. The Top Gun: Maverick expansion is coming with the movie next spring, but we wanted supporters to have a chance to test their speed demands this holiday season.
- VoloCity: We have partnered with the well-known German company Volocopter, which is working on an eVTOL called “VoloCity”, a vision for the city’s air taxi. We worked closely with the Volocopter team of engineers to develop an authentic version of the prototype aircraft for the simulator. This is our first aircraft that can make precision landings and is a harbinger of what to expect in 2022 when we are going to launch helicopters in the simulator.
- Pilatus PC-6 Porter: This legendary short take off and landing utility plane (STOL) is a very versatile aircraft from Switzerland and is available with several varieties of cockpits, cabin and landing gear. This is the result of our close collaboration with the manufacturer, and the development efforts of famous developers Hans Hartmann and Alexander Metzger have resulted in a great and fun new plane with unique simulator capabilities.
- CubCrafters NX Cub: Yakima’s CubCrafters recently introduced a nose wheel option on its flagship CC-19 XCub aircraft, popularly known as the NX Cub, which we are delighted to introduce to flight simulator customers to further enhance our bush and off-airport flying options.
- Aviat Pitts Special S1S: One of our most popular aircraft gets the single-seater option with the launch of this aircraft.
Aside from new planes, new airports in Germany, Switzerland and the United States are also being added to the game.
- Leipzig / Halle Airport (EDDP)
- Allgäu Memmingen Airport (EDJA)